Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A passion play.


Falling In love...

Or what happens when you fall down that long well of passion over a person and your heart goes boom and your mind leaves town.

Act-1,Scene-1

Lust:- (I think I love you,Who are you anyways?)

Here it is,The big "WoW",the big "Yes,Yes,Yes" you've been waiting for.This is when you find someone and believe they are better,greater,cuter,wiser,more wonderful than anything you've ever known.

"Lust isn't a sin,its a necessity,for with this as our guide,we imagine our bodies moving the way our bodies are meant to move.We can do marathons with our feet,lift pounds with our arms,have stars in our eyes and do a nifty dance routines.And you think....

"I have no need of food,I have no need of sleep,I have no needs other than occasionally talking to other mortals.You are the best thing that's ever happened to me,probably because you haven't happened to me yet.

Act-2,Scene-1

Poetically called Euphoria (or:ohhh yippie,you're mine)

You feel so funny inside.You feel you could do anything and no one would dare laugh at you.

This is love,you will treasure.You will not put it in the old basement next to your old clothes,your old walker or your sweatshirt.And you will not take this love for granted,because this is the biggest sin of all.And you will say.....

"I feel so good,I feel so strong,I feel actually attractive and I could learn to live with that feeling.Let us sing and dance and eat brown mushy foods,low in fat.

Oh joy!Oh rapture!

But what if I am no good at this?

"I am a dingy speck or I am becoming very very afraid.This must be because I am passive into the next part of love called....ANXIETY.

Act-2,Scene-2

Anxiety:- (also known as: uh-oh)

"This is where the doubt begins,where the mind comes back from shopping,yells at the heart,binds and gags it to a nice lounge chair,and allows guilt,failure and remembrance of things past to sit in for a warm glass of red wine,the glow of the candle light and a well used sofa"

This is where you fear what you need most.If its a person you love,you fear of appearing foolish in front of them.I am not demeaning myself,I have relatives to do that.But I leave it for the next act....

Act-2,Scene-3

Revolt:- (the truth...The whole of it and nothing but it)

Love is hard work.And sometimes,hard work can really hurt.

Love is a game.If they didn't tell you before we will tell you now.Love is a game and if you play you either win or get ejected before the game is over.There are no ties.

Maybe you will lose and learn some great meaningful answers from it all.Like,if it looks too good to be true,it is!Its easy to love something when you don't have to work at it.Its harder when it asks something of you,you might be afraid to give.

Act-3

Give it away.....

"The heart is the most resilient muscle.It is also the stupidest.so if this love you've found is good to you,hold it,keep it,shout about it.If it isn't then maybe you should just become very good friends....

The finale-also known as the big whopper doodle,or,the most important part of this whole darn thing...

"So this is love,as demanding and nourishing and difficult it can be,and as strong and wise it makes you become.There is something to be gained from commitment.There are rewards for staying when you rather leave.And there is something to be said from running up that hill when you would rather slide down it.And so you let love come perch upon your shoulder,and you do not turn away. You do the tango.

"Just do it."

(p.s. The above post had been forwarded to me a while back,just thought you guys will enjoy reading it:)

32 Comments:

Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

U seem to have contemplated on love in those long hours of seatime. So when r u going back ?

3:20 pm  
Blogger Rose said...

"You are the best thing that's ever happened to me,probably because you haven't happened to me yet" ~laughs~ :p

"The heart is the most resilient muscle.It is also the stupidest"... very true...

"There is something to be said from running up that hill when you would rather slide down it"

I have come across a lot of thoughts about love... But nothing has been as encompassing and closest to the truth as this.. :)

But i guess at any given point of time, love is a beautiful multiety of all these emotions put together... Lust.. Euphoria.. Anxiety... amongst other things...

...Me

4:07 pm  
Blogger pm said...

Nice contemplation...
When love happens, its unknown to most of us and when we realize its the best feeling(may be !) and no matter how much u wanna leave or slide down the hill, if you have ever experienced love, you cannot get over the feeling...

7:33 pm  
Blogger starry said...

Love is demanding, and it does need to be nourished,love is like a plant.with care it will grow and flowers will blossom .It is all worth it.oh; just to experience love. I think everyone should.

8:28 pm  
Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

I love the last para the most!! Maybe coz thats how I am. You got it all down here.....So many types...I wokeup to all these types now..Cool stuff...:)

8:43 pm  
Blogger Sam!! said...

Love is a feeling, a feeling that makes life meaningful n beautiful. We cant limit or bound it.

Takecare.

10:55 pm  
Blogger Wanderer said...

Love in all its splendour! Nice post!
And glad you could stop by my blog... hope to hear from you more often!:)
ps: loved the earlier post on Tipsy! She's quite a beauty! My darling's name is Tara and she is a Black Lab- all of 3 1/2 months only!Hello to Tipsy from Tara n me!

11:00 pm  
Blogger ജെയിംസ് ബ്രൈറ്റ് said...

Raj,
Nice to know that you are from Alleppey.
I studied in the Alleppey Medical College.
My best wishes.

1:00 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

raj, I LOVED this post!!!! Actually!!!!

1:23 am  
Blogger Keshi said...

Very interesting post Raj! And u lined up quite cleverly the emotions involved when one is in Love...and in spot-on order as well :)


**There are rewards for staying when you rather leave.And there is something to be said from running up that hill when you would rather slide down it.And so you let love come perch upon your shoulder,and you do not turn away.


I love that bit! So beautiful and so true. Most ppl r afraid of failing so they dun even try...Love is worth a try always :)

Keshi.

8:05 am  
Blogger Raj said...

Thanks for the comments Guys,I have to be honest with you,i dont deserve any of them.I had picked this up from some book years back and thought it was an intresting interpretation on love.I am sorry if i misleaded you.Take care and have a nice day:).

10:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats a lovely post about luurvvvee...

You surely deserve credit for putting it up here!!

11:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its really really beautiful and true!

11:29 am  
Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks for leaving a smile on my blog :)!
Well about the post ...I thought its urs until you said abt the note :)
amazing...sharing

Cheers

12:16 pm  
Blogger Priyankari said...

It's very true and well-composed. Though you haven't created it yourself , yet I praise you for your choice of selection (and also for your honesty to acknowledge) . Well done!

12:20 pm  
Blogger Prash said...

oh boy !
are u in love ?
so much about love in ur blog...
I like the lust part...hehehehe

But yes, Love is something special. The essential part of our lives. I agree.

oh soldier! waiting for other posts of urs.

1:18 pm  
Blogger curious said...

hey this is from "Falling in love in six acts!" still remember it..the original ending however is
...And so you let love come perch upon your shoulder.
And don't turn it away.
You do the tango.
"Just do it."

glad that u decided to share it with the rest:)

9:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too much!!

Someone's actually got a sense of humour :)))))))))))))

3:11 am  
Blogger Id it is said...

Isn't it interesting that you have to 'fall' in love and it's only then that you 'are' in love. Now 'what a fall' that can be varies in nature.

3:19 am  
Blogger Madhu said...

Love is all this and much more. U got to be in love....its a whole new world once u have loved.

:)

8:53 pm  
Blogger curious said...

nice to know that u check in on ma blog regularly.
everything is fine here, just that my creative juices seem to have suddenly evaporated!man i sure need a Tipsy...dont i!
hehhe....hope to post soon...till then have decided to sneek around and do some soul-searching stuff.

...and what happened to the TAG?

12:12 am  
Blogger Scoot said...

ha this was a fun read.thanks for posting it:)

12:16 pm  
Blogger Anindyo said...

Hiya,

At one point, I was really moved....
I look forward to see such lovely scribbles...

Cheers,
Andy

11:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Raj,

Lovely Post. This is my first comment on your blog, but I know I'll keep coming by. I looked at some of your older posts, and quite admired them too.

Regards,
Gaurav

12:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said!

This place rocks!

Cheers,

Amit

9:38 pm  
Blogger prithz said...

Jus dropped by ur blog...cool post..

its easy to love something when you don't have to work at it.Its harder when it asks something of you,you might be afraid to give.

Loved this line... So true.. Love is such a wonderful feeling until it goes on smoothly... of course it requires a great deal of patience, compromise and commitment...

5:13 pm  
Blogger Stud said...

Benevolence is all relative:)

11:10 pm  
Blogger Keshi said...

ur on a passion play for far too long now..hehe new post plz :)

Keshi.

10:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay... you've given me all the reasons... now whoz the lucky person? :D

4:14 pm  
Blogger Trailady said...

VERY well said!! :o)

3:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This showed up as a Nike ad almost 15 years ago. I was in high school at the time and pulled out the magazine pages. I still have them and it is still one of my favorite things to read!

12:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Supermodels lamborghini Asian galleries free nashville pregnancy maternity clothes donations assistance Phendimetrazine pill 8 Proactiv solution test take lexapro and wellbutrin

4:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home