Tuesday, April 04, 2006

At 27 turned 16 :)


Yes we all turn 16 don't we?But how many of us turn 16 year after year :) I most definitely do.But why 16 you may ask?Well actually no specific reason as such but I just loved my innocence and immaturity at that age and its something I would love going back to.

So I am sure from all the posts you wonderful people must have realized well nothing much has changed you still sound 16 because there are many who cant comprehend the fact that at 27 ,I can still be a dreamer :) I take it as a compliment when friends say I haven't changed at all,and when someone says why don't you grow up?I ask them why? I don't often get an answer though.

Isn't it ironical from the time we were born all we wanted to do was to grow up be all mature and stuff and yet as we grow older we tend to behave more childishly :) I don't like growing up,I never did,its too much stress analyzing each and everything on what people said and what they actually meant or a situation that went bad,not trusting anyone easily,doing grown up things like forcing yourself to have an intelligent conversation all the time so that you just be accepted etc.Yet I do think that these people are amazing individuals in their own right and maybe they are comfortable being who they are.

I like to believe all ,my friends are lovely,intelligent people and its not because of their age but because my heart says so.I enjoy celebrating each of my friends birthdays much more than my own,I really don't find my birthday as important really :) and so do most of my friends ,that's why I send them a reminder each year making sure they wish me,I understand the fact that in their busy lives they tend to forget trivial things such as birthdays and stuff and I don't want to hold it against them,coz all I want from them is their wishes and love,and they never disappoint me,I figured well instead of being upset that some friend forgot to wish ill just make sure I have them wish me by either reminding them or calling them and by asking them to I save myself from being upset,its purely selfish :) This way everyone is happy isn't it?

And there is this other thing I do each birthday,I gift myself something I have always wanted,its just that the thing has been in the back of your mind all year and waiting for Santa to bring it over :) well be Mr.Claus for a change and gift yourself that gift you so deserve to celebrate your special day for the rest of the year and everytime you see it,it shall remind you of that wonderful day called your birthday :)

Friendship is a delicate combination of admiration,trust,empathy,2 forks and one dessert....And it also gives every one of us an excuse to celebrate the day you were born,so have a blast:)!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger kit said...

I can understand the part about buying yourself a gift! Haha! I do it myself too, but it's more like an excuse to go shopping for me.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. So what's your view about rain?

3:54 pm  
Blogger curious said...

HEHEHE...trying to sound modest are u??...nah just kidding...birthdays r by far the most eventful time of the year, atleast for me...people just try to challenge my patience(coz the amount of patience i exhibit must be obvious by now thru my posts!)..actually was wondering why u suddenly thought of writing about birthday's...is it a sort of signal that it was ur birthday??:)

6:02 pm  
Blogger Raj said...

Well my bday passed off last week and u dint even wish me :) i also do take belated wishes u know:)make sur eu tell me when's urs so that i can wish ya!

7:21 pm  
Blogger curious said...

I would have wished u, if only u had informed me..AHEM..JUST as u remind other FRIENDS ...SO HERES ME WISHING U A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY..MAY U KEEP TURING 16 YEAR AFTER YEAR...God bless u!:)

9:09 pm  
Blogger curious said...

july 11th..forget it not!:-)

5:02 pm  
Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

wish u a Beeeeeeeeeelated happy bday.
ooh so u just turned sixteen sweet sixteen.

A gift for urseld ? cool
LOl:)

10:16 am  
Blogger Raj said...

Thanks Ajay :)

11:29 am  
Blogger Trailady said...

I completely understand what you are saying here. As for me, I would never go back to that age as it was a very traumatic and lonely time for me. I say I'm 27 and holding.

1:30 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wish u a belated happy Birthday Raj!!!
I loved the two forks and one dessert description :)

2:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home