Tuesday, March 21, 2006

And I Miss You….

Distance makes the heart grow fonder and sometimes wander too, how many times we have heard that over the years? Missing is in fact one of my favorite emotion, when I miss someone I get to think all the wonderful things about that person and what would it feel like having them around at that moment. But how many of us do get about calling them or letting them know that you are thinking about them and you miss them?

There are many an occasion when the person would be sitting right beside you and you would miss them, you feel so distant from them like they were miles away and although it is a loved one we feel embarrassed if not shy to let them know. We tend to do quite a few crazy things when we miss someone, lost in our thoughts, our own world we often cry feeling the want and need of that someone at that particular moment even if it is just for a few minutes just to see their face or just to hear them laugh or tell you that they love you or hold your hands and walk for a while or more so just to give you that big wonderful hug :)

I have never curbed myself from letting someone know that I miss them, why should I? Well most of my friends say it makes you more vulnerable to hurt and pain letting someone know that you care about them so much and I would reply saying what if I don’t get another chance to let them know. I have been away from home and loved ones for a long time now and while there are many a person I miss when I am at sea I find it extremely satisfying to let them know I do. It keeps me sane out there J really! What’s worse is the missing gets worse when I am due to meet that person I really have been dying to meet. Say I am to meet a loved one a few hours from now and I am on my way, hitching a ride with me are lotsa expectations and all those pent up feelings since we last met and as we get closer to actually meeting each other the emotions get the better of you and you miss them even more J Its weird really, but I have never fought my emotions, I have listened to them most of the time, ofcourse it has got me into trouble too but no matter what is heartfelt is to be let known.

Softly the leaves of memory fall,
Slowly ill gather and pick them all,
Coz today tomorrow and till my life is through,

It could mean the world for someone when you say, “I miss you”

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

concurred!!!

8:54 pm  
Blogger Priyankari said...

You have felt it deeply and truly.

12:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree totally with u. when i was reading ur post I felt someone had put in words what i feel and think.I too believe in letting the person know what i feel.I know that makes me vulnerable and open to pain but it always feels nice to know that someone misses u, so maybe by just letting them know that i miss them i am able to bring a smile to someone's face!
And u know when it hurts most," When u miss someone, who is sitting right beside u!"

2:58 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a lovely verse that was!!

9:05 pm  
Blogger The Girl said...

quite beautiful
tho unike u i wud nva say it out...

5:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home