Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Paradise Found.

Every street,every corner has a memory attached to it and that's one of the reasons why home is where the heart is.Some of us are born and brought up in a neighborhood that remains home forever,while we travel around the world the only place we would love to come back to is home.Nothing beats the feeling of being back in a place where every thing looks familiar and even the new leaf on a branch of a favorite tree is noticed.

The secure feeling that a home gives is one that is acquired over time and no other place ever can take its place.Your loved ones,friends,neighbor's they all recognize you and they manage to point out the slightest change in appearance or behavior and it makes you realize that you were actually noticed as you were growing up :)

The schools,colleges where you once studied become a memory ground where walking through corridors or classrooms or auditoriums can send you back reeling into a childhood well spent :) The desk you sat at where once you might have etched your name on it with a compass is starting to fade away and a momentary feeling of doing it all over again so that it lasts another few years.The tree that sheltered you on most days during lunch still stands for others to use.The staff rooms of teachers by which you would have always avoided fear of being called in.Wow,no wonder we all miss our schooling years!

Over the weekend I had visited my home town,a place where I just love going back to,with a friend on every street and the weather as heavenly as ever.While the town itself holds a special place in my heart there are these few streets that I will always remember till the end of time.These streets have homes of friends who I have grown up with and have shared the better half of my life.The city holds more in terms of memory and well wishers than one imagines which remains one of the sole reasons to keep going back!

We all have a wonderful retreat we call home,Some of us find it only when we travel to another place and feel like a misfit around there.To appreciate the value of a home I guess we have to imagine or dread what it would be like to not have one.The comfort and warmth a home provides is not worth losing over the best job that takes you across the world.Since love is all that we yearn for in the world today it would be apt to say Home is where love was found for one and all.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very rightly put..."Home is where the heart is". Keep blogging , its a pleasure to hear what you have to say!

10:35 am  
Blogger Raj said...

Thank You :) Have a wonderful day!

10:51 am  
Blogger curious said...

well said ..ur post made me very NOSTALGIC!

8:36 am  
Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

Hey Raj...Nice of u to stop by my blog....YOu made me think of my home..SOmething I think about several times day...I always feel that I can't really be myself...Have been to a couple of places out of India and I yearned to get back home....Maybe I didnt yearn to go to school or college tht much though...Smart post!! :)

11:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://apcemxwz.com/pflj/ggav.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zzlasicf.com/xogl/zbvj.html]Cool site[/url]

10:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

10:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://apcemxwz.com/pflj/ggav.html | http://kgomfgqv.com/oczs/rept.html

10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home