Monday, March 27, 2006

Mr.Postman.

Times have changed and with it ways of communication too,in the era of mobile phones,internet even the fax machines and landlines seem pretty outdated. While important documents are scanned and mailed as attachments, photos are shared across the web and chatting has become secondary to anyone who knows how to use the computer in the first place. Its the way forward they say,but in our quest to move ahead of our time I think we are leaving the emotions attached to the good old way of writing letters and posting it,behind.

The thrill of receiving a letter by post is still the same but most of us have lost the inspiration to write. If all these years away from home has taught me anything it is this that sheer communication alone can bridge distances.But even this,if not done from the heart has dire consequences.I love writing letters,coz at the end of the day what's heartfelt is there on paper with lots of grammatical error's and spelling mistakes that would make u want to go back to nursery school:).Yet instead of being worried about the above I go ahead and post it hoping that the sentiments alone are noticed.

From the time the letter is put in the post box till it is delivered there is an eager anticipation of its reaching the destination safe.Ofcourse once upon a time they were held in high regard coz they were the source of all news good and bad and the postman got the respect he deserved.Those who stay away from home in hostels look forward to meeting the postman at the doorstep with the just incase someone wrote look on their face :) The feelings conveyed through a letter are so real that makes anyone weak in the knees.

We need to take time out to write to people we care about,once we force ourselves to do it a couple of times it becomes a habit,a good one.A letter conveys through words,emotions that are heartfelt.

7 Comments:

Blogger curious said...

well, whether letters bridge gaps or not and if in any way are superior to computers is a separate debate in itself which i dont want to venture into now...but yes i do remember my mother telling me how much she used to look forward to my fathers letters every day once they were engaged...the pleothra of emotions that she went thru the whole time till she held those letters in her hands, the small pranks the postman played along with the help of her sisters and brothers before finally handing over the letters...all do have a subtle romance in them.

2:30 am  
Blogger curious said...

?? no post??:-)
nice pic by the way!

11:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...Maybe you should include your mailing address in your blogger profile and see if any surprises come your way...

1:25 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can take as much delight even in email..
remember the movie.. You have got mail?
I love the sentence...
" I turn on my computer. I wait impatiently as it connects. I go online, and my breath catches in my chest until I hear three little words: You've got mail. I hear nothing. Not even a sound on the streets of New York, just the beating of my own heart. I have mail. From you."

7:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://knikejaa.com/ndhn/gbiw.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://cebkwlmd.com/luvm/mnmm.html]Cool site[/url]

6:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

6:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://knikejaa.com/ndhn/gbiw.html | http://sdnezzwx.com/ezvu/mugy.html

6:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home