Friday, April 21, 2006

Blissful Blues.


She was fair,black eyes,short hair,with clips on either side to keep a few strands from falling on her pretty face.She had a smile that shook me from within from the first time I saw her.Being 2 foot nothing and at 7 years old I thought I had seen an angel,my first ever crush :)It was a good 5 years before I finally moved on and fell head over heels all over again.

Its a magical feeling,being infatuated,the whole purpose of leading a selfish life being lost and all that matters is one glimpse of the person who makes your heart skip a beat, actually 2 beats:)Those lovely days which started with arriving well ahead of time so that you catch them walking to class from the car park,staring away as if there was no tomorrow at the assembly hall,Skipping classes just to walk by the classes they would be at,find an excuse to stand beside them at the cafeteria,sit at a place where you have a clear view of the one person you would love to share your lunch with,and wanting to head back home only after they completely disappear from your sights at the end of the day wondering why tomorrow came so late.All that innocence being put to good use and the heart yearns for more.

So what if there are times when they take leave and you wish you had fallen ill too,or if you don't get to see them all day and start behaving like it is the end of the world,we seem to thrive on the pain during these heartaches:) Looking for an excuse to have a conversation only seems half the struggle than actually stop blushing when your friends tease you,as she walks past and your heart races like never before.And I figure only god could help if she turned your way and flashed that million watt smile and you wonder whether life was actually measured by the number of breaths you take or by moments like these that take your breath away.Well either ways you were in heaven and there was just one angel around:)

Her scent lingers and numbs your senses,so much so that you do not hear the class teacher calling out your name and asking you a question to which you obviously have no answer and get punished and if you did not learn from this incident once,chances are you don't ever learn it :)Your grades suffer but who cares,what's important is that she wore a new bracelet today.You get punished again,but hey her sweet voice called out your name from the attendance register.You did not complete your homework,well its her birthday tomorrow what am I going to gift her?When you have major worries such as getting your first love note/letter with the right words and as life itself revolved round her why would we worry about trivial stuff such as studies right :)?

Its a phase most of us go through,having crushes,falling in love,heartaches and given the opportunity I'd do it all over again for the sheer reason of giving a piece of my heart to someone I adore more than myself.The insanity of being all blue eyed about that one person who you would love to call your own.I love the feeling,over the years and after having a million odd crushes and heartaches from cute classmates to the ones on the big screen it never ceases to amaze how it happens in a different way all over again.As we grow up most crushes turn to fondness and since they are so close to the heart they remain friends for a lifetime and well the very reason on how I still am in touch with my first crush across miles where she is happily married and with a beautiful little kid :)

And that's why for me Infatuation is-A state of total captivation,the Experience-Bewitching,the Effect-Spell bound,Intoxicating,the Conclusion-Temporary,And yet we crave for more than we need,for we are humans and can be forgiven :)

20 Comments:

Blogger curious said...

hmmm..this is one topic i have least experience in...but i do know for sure that its an undescribable feeling..when u make that crush all urs, forever!
very well written!:)

7:55 am  
Blogger Raj said...

Thank's,It really is unique experience:)!

9:27 am  
Blogger Stud said...

Nothing ever approximates the fullness of satisfaction!

1:22 am  
Blogger AJ ! Serendipity !!! said...

haha
ive been thru such phases. It is a wonderful time isnt it ?
n the best part is when the person reciprocates ur feeling

10:12 am  
Blogger Raj said...

@ stud-absolutely true!

@ ajay-well abt the best part bit,hmmm it's more abt giving than getting :)

11:24 am  
Blogger flowinglights said...

recalled my first crush on reading yours... those were lovely days, when i felt i was in love and went crazy abt that one person...
well we are not in touch...but the only thing i know abt him is he is now married and has kids and i dont know where he is....
i think 7 years is a really cute age to fall in for someone...;-))

2:26 pm  
Blogger SeePearrl said...

really takes to different world which i love to be!

7:47 pm  
Blogger Mirage said...

Crushes are supposed to hurt...hence the name! ;)

Infatuation is bliss...until it turns into something more!

Gr8 post! N thnx fr visiting!

9:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this reminds me of my first crush.. :-).. lovely memories..
10,000 crushes and so many years later.. you still tend to remember the first person who touched your heart :D

9:41 pm  
Blogger Trailady said...

This post brought back many memories of my first love- a farm boy- which lasted 10 years. He was my best friend ever! I still love him today, but we are forbidden by our parents to ever speak again because we are both married to other people...

I like your blog. You have a heart and your girl is very lucky to have a sensitive man in her life.

You NEVER forget your first love. Each time you give your heart away, it comes back to you smaller and more afraid. I tell my children to be careful who they give their hearts to for that very reason.

1:26 am  
Blogger curious said...

hi! me again..u have been tagged!

3:15 am  
Blogger Raj said...

Thank you for your comments ladies,I really appreciate it!

@ deepthi- any age is cute enough to go through this all over again :)

@ white forest-I totally agree:)

@ Mirage-Glad you liked it :)

@ Cold Coffee-Nice memories aint it?:)

@ Trail Lady-Thank you,In love,we learn to let go,but why tell your kids to curb their feelings?agreed you dont want them to get hurt,but havent you heard about people who dont risk it in love cause they don't want to be sorry,they are more likely to be safe and sorry cause they never tried at all.I'm sure a wonderful mother like you will never let history repeat itself!

@curious-tagged((dazed and confused look:))

5:19 am  
Blogger Keshi said...

Raj thanks for dropping by my blog...I think u have a fantastic blog mate wow!

Infatutaion is pure bliss ;-) as long as it doesnt turn into something cheap...


Keshi.

6:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Falling in love or infatuation is like a drug and what's great about it is that most of it is a world you create yourself inside your mind and have complete control over. Then time goes by and you get to know a person and they love you back and it grows into real love. The kind that it doesn't matter if they see all of your flaws, they still think your great. Then it continues into the kind of love that is pure. The kind that you don't need that high feeling to know you love them. A calm love with nothing to hide or prove. The kind where you are so deeply intertwined that you are one without trying. Yet every once in awhile that high feeling peeks out, and you remember how it felt to fall in love, all over again.

Okay, this was a cool post obviously as it got me started rambling, right? Nice to meet you! Thanks for visiting my blog! You're a great writer! I love the dog one too! It made me cry.

7:32 pm  
Blogger Id it is said...

Nice!
There is in fact a progression from 'falling' in love to then 'being' in love. Each stage has it's very own charm!

1:32 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Raj!!! So beautiful again!! Its reminds me of my puppy loves!!
You write so well!!
You have put to words so well the state i have been in so often :)

1:45 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

u took me back to my first crush!beautiful and innocent!

11:37 am  
Blogger Rai said...

Very well written! I have had such a delicious episode in my life. ...try reading this ..
http://tomyfriendswithlove.blogspot.com/2006/04/unfinished-symphony.html
You will see a similar experience, but from a woman's point of view ..

11:38 am  
Blogger Priyankari said...

A very sweet experience. First crushes are always like that,though mine didn't afect my studies, yet the deepening impact it has never tends to be forgotten and never should me.These are memories you can cherish. So keep them treasured.
I too have a blog on my first crush.May try reading it.At untoldreveries.blogspot.com.

12:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-) That was sweet... the day I see you again, I will give you a great big hug.

6:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home